Monday, May 24, 2010

Initial Reactions to "The End"

I think this was the episode where I cried the most.

SPOILER ALERT!

Every time someone remembered their time on the Island, I cried. Every time. Every single freaking time.

I'm surprised I didn't cry when Kate and Jack kissed and said "I love you" to each other. Oh, I guess it was because I was hooting! Did I tell y'all I'm a Jater?

At least, I was right about the last image of the show, even though I never told my theory to anyone: the last person we saw was Jack, the last shot his eye closing, in a reverse of the first moments of the series. I was surprised to see Vincent appear and lie beside Jack, but I think it made the final scene better. By the time Jack reached the bamboo field, I figured out that I was right. It was a beautiful end. (By the way, Matthew Fox says he knew about the show ending with Jack's eye closing too!)

And, oh, I was so happy that Juliet was David's mother in the sideways timeline. I have always believed that it was Juliet because it made total sense, even thought I didn't quite know what it was.

How about that sideways timeline, eh? A purgatory of sorts for the castaways after they eventually died? Wow. I did NOT see that coming. I haven't quite grasped it, but I think I'm starting to get it. I personally don't believe in a purgatory, but I get why they used the idea for the sideways timeline.

Overall, it was an amazing series finale. I can't think about the answers the last episode gave us - other than the ones I mentioned above - yet. I need a bit of time to rewatch the episode - without crying - and to think about it.

But it was still the best series finale I have ever seen!

I'd like to thank J. J. Abrams, Damon Lindelof, Carlton Cuse, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Elizabeth Sarnoff, the rest of the writers, Jack Bender, Jean Higgins, all the actors who appeared on the show (the main and guest cast), the crew members, and every single person who worked on The Best TV Show Ever. You all have made my life better by bringing LOST to the world. You made me laugh, cry, angry, and frustrated, but you also made me fall in love with the characters you created. You also gave me new friends. YOu also taught me a lot about writing. Thank you for the amazing journey and for bringing the series to a satisfying close. I love all of you!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: