Friday, May 21, 2010

Holly's Inbox

While I'm still suffering from writer's block - and after reading the rest of Meg Cabot's Heather Wells mysteries last weekend - I'm reading Holly Denham's novel Holly's Inbox. It's a story told solely in e-mails from or to Holly.

I've read novels that are entirely or partly in epistolary form using letters, journal entries, and articles (e.g. C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Stephen King's Carrie, and Alice Walker's The Color Purple). But I've never read a novel that's told entirely in e-mails.

It's a really interesting story, even if I've only started reading it today. I can totally relate when it comes to the work stuff.

Maybe I can use this form in the near future. If I can get through this writer's block, that is.

No comments: