Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ms. Kelly is "Better Without You," Mathew Knowles

It's about freaking time!

Kelly Rowland and Music World Entertainment have officially ended their professional relationship, BV Buzz of Black Voices Blogs reports.

Woohoo!!!

According to their joint statement, Ms Kelly says:

"Mathew Knowles has been a positive influence in my career. I have had great success under his guidance - both as a member of Destiny's Child and with my solo projects. Although we have decided to part ways professionally, the Knowles family and the entire Music World Entertainment team will always be my family."


Mathew Knowles, Beyonce's father and the head of Music World Entertainment, has this to say:

"After a very positive meeting between Kelly Rowland and myself, we have amicably agreed to end our professional relationship. My company, Music World, will continue to manage Destiny's Child as a group. As an artist, Kelly has incredible talent, and I only wish her the best. We will always be family first and foremost, and as a dad, I only have love for Kelly."

Rumours that Ms Kelly will be managed by 19 Entertainment after she's freed are kinda like jumping the gun. BV Buzz reports that Ms Kelly has not decided whom to hire as her new manager.

I did not know about the rumours that Ms Kelly's decision to leave Music World Entertainment has something to do with wanting to "approach her junior solo CD" - still with Columbia Records - "with a fresh start".

I can't wait already!

Also, BV Buzz reports that Ms Kelly has a show "being developed at the Style Network that is expected to launch before the end of the year". Rumour has it that she shot a pilot in Miami for a travel and lifestyle show called Around The World. Could be it.

So happy for Ms Kelly! She's finally free and she has a TV show being developed! Yay!

But who will be her new manager? Simon Fuller of 19 Entertainment? The Firm? Stay tuned.

No comments: