Friday, November 6, 2009

All I Want for Christmas Is...

November has begun and there are only 48 days before Christmas!

Aside from $25,000, I would like to get any of the following:

BlackBerry Curve 8520, Black or Lavender



(Both pics downloaded from Rogers Wireless website.)

If I can't get a BlackBerry Storm from Rogers Wireless, this is the next best thing. Right? Spending $49.99 for a three-year plan shouldn't be so bad. The hardware upgrade cost almost two years ago was huge, though. That was only for a BlackBerry Pearl, which was popular back then (i.e. in 2007). The hardware upgrade fees must be crazy-high for this one. Hope not!

Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan (Art by Pia Guerra and Jose Marza, Jr.)



(Volume 1 cover image downloaded from Vertigo website.)

Brian K. Vaughan wrote for LOST from Seasons 3 to 5, as well as two Lost: Missing Pieces mobisodes. Four of the episodes he co-wrote ("Catch-22," "Confirmed Dead," "The Shape of Things to Come," and "Dead Is Dead") are some of my favourite LOST episodes of all time. "King of the Castle" is one of the strongest Lost: Missing Pieces mobisodes. Obviously, he's a great writer.

After it was referenced on LOST 5x06 ("316"), Nikki Stafford included a synopsis of the series in her Finding Lost - Season 5: The Unofficial Guide (page 116-120). In it, she declares,


Suffice it to say: if you are a fan of Lost, you will love Y: The Last Man. It has the same sensibilities, the same cliffhangers, the same mystery. (page 118)


Another LOST fan, Stephen King also loved the series. He says,

The best graphic novel I've ever read.

What more do I need to know about this award-winning series? Now, all I need is the location of a comic book store that has all - I repeat, ALL - 10 volumes.

Sony BDPS360 Blu-Ray Disc Player


(Item image downloaded from Sony Style Canada.)

Dang that LOST University ARG. Why does it cater to those who have Blu-Ray players? So, I want one. Heck, as a LOST fan, I need one.

I've been looking for the cheapest Sony Blu-Ray player online. I lost an eBay bidding for an earlier model of a Sony Blu-Ray player (BDPS350, I believe). It costs CDN$228 at Wal-Mart, where my sister works. She will probably buy this for me during the store's customer appreciation two-week event, when her discount rate increases to 20% and her kids and I can buy our electronics. I will, of course, reimburse her for the total cost (approximately CDN$205, including GST and PST).

Wonder if I'm gonna get any of these? Hehehe...

Advanced Merry Christmas!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: