Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nod Ya Head Six Times, Emmy Voters

So the day of reckoning for primetime TV dawned.

The primetime Emmy nominations were announced this morning. As you should know, I'm crazy about the seminal show LOST. I've been watching it since "Pilot Part 1" and I intend to watch the series finale sometime in May 2010. Anyway, I know - and most LOST fans will agree with me - that we had a fantastic season. Sure, it didn't start as well as some fans would like and we had to wait for thirteen weeks before a new episode, the Juliet-centric "Not In Portland," aired. Then the fun began for real. The season culminated in a heart-wrenching and shocking episode "Through The Looking Glass" that featured the so-called rattlesnake in the mailbox.

So today, at work, I opened the Yahoo homepage and followed the link to the 2007 Emmy nominations. Lo and behold, LOST is nominated, as follows:

Outstanding Directing For A Drama Series
Lost • Through the Looking Glass • ABC • ABC Studios
Jack Bender, Director

Outstanding Single-camera Picture Editing For A Drama Series
Lost • Through The Looking Glass • ABC • ABC Studios
Mark J. Goldman, Editor
Christopher Nelson, A.C.E., Editor
Stephen Semel, Editor
Henk Van Eeghen , Editor

Outstanding Sound Editing For A Series
Lost • A Tale Of Two Cities • ABC • ABC Studios
Thomas deGorter, Supervising Sound Editor
Paula Fairfield, M.P.S.E., Sound Editor
Lloyd Jay Keiser , Sound Editor
Alex Levy, Music Editor
Maciek Malish, M.P.S.E., Sound Editor
Cynthia Merril, Foley Artist
Carla Murray, M.P.S.E., Sound Editor
Doug Reed, Foley Artist
Joe Schultz, Sound Editor
Geordy Sincavage, Sound Editor

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Drama Series
Lost • ABC • ABC Studios
Terry O'Quinn, Terry O'Quinn as John Locke
Lost • ABC • ABC Studios
Michael Emerson, Michael Emerson as Ben

Outstanding Writing For A Drama Series
Lost • Through The Looking Glass • ABC • ABC Studios
Carlton Cuse, Written by
Damon Lindelof, Written by

I wasn't expecting LOST to be nominated in the outstanding drama series category. I've learned to expect the worst and hope for the best when it comes to my favourites. But I have to say, I was still disappointed that my favourite show isn't even nominated as best drama series. Season three was the first season I didn't dare to take my eyes off the TV while it's on. I wrote about it, I blogged about it. Heck, I dream about it. This was the season that got me even more addicted.

At least, Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson - a.k.a. the best antagonists, Locke and Ben, ever - are still nominated. And the writing. directing and editing for "Through The Looking Glass" got nods. That isn't so bad, is it?

Like I said on my Facebook status, I can't decide whether I'm going to be happy because LOST got nods - six great ones - or be sad and pissed off because LOST didn't get the nod for outstanding drama series.

I would have loved to see LOST up against Grey's Anatomy, House, Heroes (although I've never watched it), or The Sopranos. Boston Legal? Ugh. I prefer CSI.

I just hope and pray that LOST wins at least one award. It would truly suck if LOST didn't win anything.

No comments: