Wednesday, May 23, 2007

American Idol: Four for Six

On a lighter note, I watched a bit of the American Idol grand finale while I was waiting for the LOST season finale. (FYI: I watch the American broadcast, instead of the Canadian one... and I'm Canadian.)

Anyway, I saw Kelly Clarkson perform "Never Again". Well, it was like when she performed "Because of You" in the 2006 Grammy Awards - her voice was kind-of raspy, but she managed to sing it well. Although she mangled the lyrics of her own song. On the first refrain, the words should have been "try and make it all okay," instead of "repent yourself away". But that's OK; she's still my favourite American Idol.

Carrie Underwood was there too. Which was awesome, because my two favourite Idols were there.

Anyway, these were my predictions and the results of the six American Idol seasons:

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson vs Justin Guarini - Why would I choose Justin over Kelly? I predicted Kelly Clarkson would win and she did. One for one.

Season 2: Ruben Studdard vs Clay Aiken - I predicted Ruben would win and he did. Two for two.

Season 3: Fantasia Barrino vs Diana DeGarmo - I predicted Fantasia would win and she did. Three for three.

Season 4: Carrie Underwood vs Bo Bice - I didn't predict anything because both were just so-so for me. I only started to like Carrie Underwood after she won, although I felt Carrie was the stronger singer and performer. Three for four.

Season 5: Taylor Hicks vs Katharine McPhee - I predicted Katharine would win, but Taylor did. Three for five.

Season 6: Jordin Sparks vs Blake Lewis - I predicted Jordin would win - and she did! Four for six.

So while LOST was on a commercial break, I switched channels and saw Jordin singing the final song. While I was wiping my tears, I was partly rejoicing because Jordin won.

That's all for now. Ciao.

No comments: