Sunday, December 25, 2005

Buon Natale

Buon Natale!

That's "Merry Christmas" in Italian. Found that out from About Italian Language website. If it isn't correct, blame the website. (Hehe)

Did I have a merry Christmas?

Yeah, I guess. I didn't get anything in my wish list, though. But that's OK; I don't expect anybody to give me a laptop, an iPod, a digital camera, "The Lord of the Rings" Special Extended DVD Edition, Quickbooks Premier 2006, a plane ticket to Switzerland or Ireland, or a new cellphone.

I got a purple jacket and a purple purse from my sister, chocolates from a lot of people, lavender eucalyptus aromatherapy bath set (as if I'm gonna use it), "Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul" from a college friend, a lovely memo pad from the Candidos, Givenchy eau de toilette, a non-purple purse and purple sandals from Manila, moisturizing bath soap from my mom's employer, and the entire "The Chronicles of Narnia" from my nephew. Actually, I bought the latter from him with my present - $30. Hehe. My mom's present to me will give this an NC-17 rating, so I won't mention it. (Kidding.)

What did I give this Christmas? Mostly money, either in form of cheque, cash, or gift cards. I did that so they're free to buy whatever they want - and, for some, because I couldn't find what they wanted for Christmas.

Anyway, I'm happy. My closest friends can attest to that. I'm not entirely OK - I'm anxious and scared about certain things in my life - but I'm fine for the season. It's the celebration of my Saviour's birth; how can I not be fine?

I just hope that, in 2006, I'll be able to listen to what He says more than I did this year.

Buon Natale!

And Happy New Year to y'all! (I don't know how to say it in Italian, but I hope I'm gonna be able to say more things in Italian next Christmas!)

No comments: