Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Feel So Zen1

I got two potentially devastating news in the last five days.

Depressing, right?

Yet I was able to say, "Oh, well," and quickly move on. Weird, eh?

I wonder why. If this happened in any other day or any other week - especially a couple of years ago - I would have been completely down. I would have been hiding in my room and crying my heart out. I would have been in a major funk.

But not this time, not right now. That's not saying that either supposedly painful news didn't hurt. They both stung a little. But not so much. It's so weird.

Maybe this is the so-called calm before the storm? That would suck, considering the crap that I've been through in the past year. Does this mean that there's more pain and suffering ahead?

Or maybe it's because I know that I'll be fine no matter what happens. God will provide my needs and He knows what's best for me. I also know that He knows I can take on whatever suffering is in store for me.

Hmmm... Can I have good news now?

1 See definition #4 on Urban Dictionary: complete and absolute peace.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: