That's nuts. Besides scheduling conflicts, there's no good reason to decline an offer to appear on LOST's sixth and final season. Right?
According to E! Online's Kristin Dos Santos, this former Lostie is an original cast member, which rules out Mira Furlan (who portrayed Danielle Rousseau up to episode 4x08, "Meet Kevin Johnson" and who turned down a request to return, per EW.com's Michael Ausiello). We can also rule out Harold Perrineau, Jr., who claimed that no one has contacted him about anything related to LOST Season 6 and that he will return if asked to do so, and Ian Somerhalder, who revealed to Entertainment Weekly's Mandi Bierly that he was en route to Oahu when they spoke about The Vampire Diaries last month. Emilie de Ravin is confirmed to return in Season 6 after her Season 5 hiatus.
So, who is it?
- Malcolm David Kelley? He played 10-year-old Walt when he was 12. He recently appeared in episode 5x07 ("The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham") as 15- or 16-year-old Walt. If the reset rumours are true, then going back to play a 10-year-old kid would be difficult for Malcolm.
- Maggie Grace? Per DarkUFO's Media Mentions section, Maggie is filming an indie drama entitled Flying Lessons and is scheduled to film the untitled Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz thriller this month. Per E! Online, she is open to return as Shannon but is neither confirming nor denying anything.
- Dominic Monaghan? Before he was confirmed as a series regular on FlashForward, he appeared in an ABC House promo (with Patrick Dempsey, Courtney Cox-Arquette, and Ed O'Neill) and seemed to reference Charlie Pace's tear-gland-draining death. Of course, it may actually refer to his mysteriously bad-ass character on FlashForward, but it may also refer to Charlie. Like Maggie, he is open to return to LOST but is neither confirming nor denying anything.
- Greg Grunberg? He was only there for the pilot episode, but a reset (if the rumours are, in fact, true) would not be complete without Capt. Seth Norris, who survived the plane crash but was killed by the Smoke Monster. A while back, he asked his Twitter followers if they want to see him on LOST again. He didn't announce the "poll results," but I imagine most of them said, "Heck, yeah," or something to that effect.
- Kimberley Joseph? She plays Cindy Chandler, the only surviving Oceanic Flight 815 crewmember. We last saw Cindy in Season 3 as Zach and Emma's guardian. I have no idea whether she has been approached to reprise her role or not.
So, who is it?