Monday, August 6, 2007

"Cast Away" - The True Story of LOST's Creation

This is an interesting article...

"Cast Away" - Chicago Magazine - August 2007

Now I know why the credits look like this:

So it turned out, Jeffrey Lieber has no creative input whatsoever in the show's first three seasons and three remaining seasons. He's being credited as a creator just because he wrote the first draft of the pilot episode. That's cool. ABC recognised someone's hard work even though it was a one-time thing.

However, how come Mr Lieber gets "60 percent of the 'created by' credit, while Abrams and Lindelof split the remaining 40 percent" when Mr Lieber has never collaborated with J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof in the creative process?

How fair is that? Sure, Mr Lieber had the original idea. But that's peanuts - nothing - compared to the dedication that J.J. and Damon have put in the show.


No comments: