Sunday, March 28, 2010

August 24th Dilemma

We're only halfway through the sixth and final season, but the release date for the LOST Season 6 DVD/Blu-Ray set has been announced. It will be released in North America on 24 August 2010, three and a half months earlier than the last two seasons. Per Lostpedia and TVShowsOnDVD, the set will contain five discs and the usual bonus features, plus original scripted content produced by Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and Crafting a Final Season feature. The DVD set's current price is USD$59.99 (CAD$79.99), while the Blu-Ray set is on sale for USD$79.99 (CAD$94.99).

Interestingly, LOST: The Complete Collection, which includes all 121 episodes from Seasons 1 to 6, will also be released on 24 August 2010. Per the same sources above, the DVD/Blu-Ray set will contain all previous extras, plus one bonus disc with at least two hours of additional content. The DVD set price is USD$229.99 (CAD$269.99), while the Blu-Ray set price is USD$279.99 (CAD$349.99).

What, oh, what am I going to get???

Obviously, I wanna see the goodies in the Season 6 set. I have the DVD sets for Season 1 to 4 and the Blu-Ray set for Season 5, and the bonus content in all of them are freaking amazing. And, like most fans, I usually get the DVD sets for the bonus content, especially in Season 5 where I got to download the episodes from iTunes before the DVD was released. But I also want to see the additional two hours of content in the Compete Series bonus disc. However, what am I gonna do with the Season 1 to 5 sets that I already own?

I have both the Season 6 Blu-Ray set and the Complete Collection Blu-Ray set on my Amazon.ca wishlist. I need to put in my pre-order soon, so I have to decide which one I'm pre-ordering ASAP!!!

Maybe I'll decide after the series finale? Whaddya think?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: