Thursday, January 28, 2010

Another Blog at Wordpress.com?

I have a Wordpress.com account, but I don't know what to do with it.

I don't even remember why I created the account - for DocAzt's website? for sheer fun? - but I'd like to use this account, besides commenting on EW.com posts. So I decided I would blog about... something. The thing is, I don't know what it should be. I have to make time to write this blog (hence the quiz results from Blogthings to fill my quota), so whatever I write about on this new blog has to be something I really love. So what should it be?

  • Single life? I'm currently single and, though I'm not actively looking for The One, it doesn't mean I'm not contemplating life as part of a couple. I even joined eHarmony.ca for fun, but I haven't found anyone I like enough. Of course, there's also the emotional unavailability thing that I mentioned in my first post this year. But a lot of single people are already writing about their search for either The One or the One Right Now. What else could I possibly add to the mix?
  • LOST or any other favourite TV show? Well, this may be LOST's final season, but that doesn't mean I can't write about it. Maybe I should write about the final season, to recap the Season 6 episodes? Perhaps, but I can just write about it here. What about Fringe, FlashForward, V, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, or any other TV show? It's not too late to start recapping episodes or whatever of these shows. But I can always do it here too.
  • Fiction-writing? I can chronicle my fiction-writing or post some of my flash fiction or short stories. Readers would provide feedback and help with the writing or editing process. Unfortunately, publishers may consider these as published works, which means they may not publish the edited stories in magazines or short story collections (as if!). 
  • Editing? I can also chronicle my freelance editing business. I can import the Recent Announcement section from my website and pull the RSS feeds from the Wordpress blog. I'm not sure if Wordpress and Google Sites are compatible with each other, though. Copying-and-pasting my previous announcements to the Wordpress blog is fine, but if Google Sites can't get the RSS feeds from Wordpress through a gadget it would be useless.



So, what do you think? Vote, comment, or both!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Neoslinger said...

Sikat ang Pinoy
- I agree with you that it will be a useless if google sites can't get the rss feeds from wordpress!

Spy Next Door Movie | Pinoy Movies Online

Anonymous said...

But if Google Sites can't get the RSS feeds from Wordpress through a gadget it would be useless.