Sunday, September 13, 2009

Taylor Swift Found a New Fan

I'm sure you've seen, or at least heard of, what transpired tonight at the MTV Video Music Awards. If you haven't, then here it is: Kanye West dissed Taylor Swift for beating Beyonce Knowles in the Female Video category.

I wasn't a fan of Taylor Swift's until tonight. I mean, the girl was shocked that she won in the first place. A country singer winning a Moon Man is an achievement by itself. Who does Kanye West think he is by dismissing that and ranting that Beyonce should have won? Oh, right. Kanye thinks he's the most awesome person that ever lived. Please. Dude, Beyonce herself was horrified at Kanye's idiotic actions.

I must admit I wanted either Beyonce or Kelly Clarkson to win. I even shouted "Robbed!" when she was going up the stage. BUT I immediately repented of that when Kanye went up and dissed her. I mean, WTF, Kanye?!

Anyway, Taylor fought back by doing a great job in performing her song You Belong With Me, the video that won her the Moon Man.

When Beyonce won the Video of the Year award for Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), she more than made up for Kanye's idiocy by giving Taylor a chance to finish her acceptance speech, which Kanye rudely interrupted. Although I still prefer Kelly Rowland over Beyonce, I have more respect for her now than I had before. B is a real class act. (Taylor too, of course.)

One more thing: Because Kanye West pissed me off so much, I decided to buy Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me off iTunes. Ha!

One last thing: Has anyone noticed that when other musicians record Kanye's songs - e.g. Kris Allen's Heartless and the Glee Cast's Gold Digger - they sound so much better? Have you?

Thank God Kanye was kicked out of Radio City Music Hall. Also, word around Twitter that he apologized for his idiotic and egotistical actions. But I don't believe him. He'll do this again. I just know he will.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: