Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Best Cure to a Crappy Mood After a Crappy Morning

The craziness at work has died down. Period-end accounting is done and it's time to move on to the third period of the new fiscal year. There's not much to worry about, because I've billed what I could bill. I didn't see my crush last night, but that's all right. I downloaded Alicia Keys's new album on iTunes and I will enjoy all the songs, videos, and podcasts I've download so far in four - FOUR - days when I get my iPod Nano. Last night, I chose my new pair of black trousers to wear to work this morning. And I got to have chocolate last night.

So, today I thought the day was gonna be great. How was I to know that my new pair of pants doesn't fit me as well as it did when I first tried it on?

So, I have a muffin top. Big deal. But it's completely uncomfortable.

Oh, did I mention I didn't get to dry my hair this morning because it took me a little while to button my pants? (I had nothing else to wear!)

Thank God the ride to work wasn't so bad. It was a little cold, but I didn't get frostbitten so I guess it's fine.

When I got in the office, I went through my usual morning routine - freshen up (e.g. pull my hair back), get a hot beverage (chai tea today), sign in to my computer, check my work e-mail, and go on Facebook. Then I went to Yahoo to read some news items (e.g. the terrorist attack in the Philippine Congress, Ellen Pompeo's quiet wedding, etc.). Then I clicked the link to the 2007 Sexiest Man Alive photo gallery by People Magazine. I was praying one of my Hollywood crushes was chosen to be the sexiest man alive.

Then I saw this:



Matthew Paige Damon was the chosen one!

Yay!

So, now I'm feeling better. Still uncomfortable because of the muffin top. But Matt Damon (also Patrick Dempsey and Adrian Grenier) made it all better.

No comments: