Sunday, April 23, 2006

My Take On The Da Vinci Code

Personally, I think The Da Vinci Code is a brilliant novel. It is a wonderful work of fiction. Its protagonist & other main characters, plot, setting, and story flow kept me on the edge of my seat when I read it a year or so ago.

I agree with Dan Brown when he said that it is a springboard in discussing faith in our world today. I also agree with him when he stated that interpretation of the ideas presented in the novel is entirely "left to the reader".

However, I'm not satisfied with his answer when he was asked if he was a Christian. But even that can spark a lively (!) discussion on what a Christian really is.

I'm a proud bookworm and I will read any good work of fiction. I have read The Da Vinci Code and I think it is brilliant. Best of all, I am still a Christian; I have not given up my eternal life with God after reading the novel, because the theories presented in the novel urge me to investigate further. This leads me more to truths about God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

I only hope that other Christians strongly against every aspect of The Da Vinci Code will not condemn (in the strongest sense of the word) those of us who like it for the great work of fiction that it is.

Click here to read Dan Brown's FAQ Page on his official website.

No comments: