Saturday, February 11, 2006

Maui

I went to work today. Actually, I didn't have to, but I still did. Anyway, I was so tired and I just wanted to chill when I got home after seven hours of hard work and half-an-hour of lunch.

Then my mom told me that my sister bought us a DOG!

Oh my goodness! Even before I was born, my family has owned dogs, called askals - which means dogs other than pure bred ones. So I grew up with dogs around me.

So I waited for their return and anticipated seeing a dog. Then the doorbell rang.

I opened the door to my sister holding a furry puppy in her arms.

The name of the "furry puppy" is Maui, spelled exactly like the Hawaiian island. Maui is a month-old female Shih Tzu puppy. She was born on 27 December 2005. She's just as big as the plum purse that I bring to work or to outings.

Now we have to potty-train her. And we have to do it step by step. We built a fence around her and put her food, water, potty and bed there. If she pees or poops on any newspaper sheet that we put around her little area, we put the sheet on her potty so she'll learn to pee or poop on her potty. Eventually she'll learn to pee or poop where she's supposed to. When that happens, we're gonna give her treats!

We also had a little family meeting about scheduling her walks. I was assigned to the Saturday afternoon shift. Hehe.

I don't mind walking a dog. I remember when I didn't go to the 2004 family camp, I volunteered to take care of Manang Carmen's pug named Charlie so she could go to the camp. I walked that mega-hyper dog twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening) for two days. He was just mega-hyper (turned out he had diabetes) but he was OK.

I'm so excited to take care of a dog!

No comments: