Monday, November 8, 2010

The Zombies Take Over

Last Halloween weekend, I watched Ghost Ship, Carrie, 1408, and Dawn of the Dead on cable. While watching the first and last films, I saw the ads for the new AMC series, The Walking Dead.

I had seen the sneak peek for the show at this year's Scream Awards. I thought it was interesting, but it didn't exactly set my insides on fire. And, then I watched it on Halloween night.

The pilot episode was amazingly well-written and well-executed. It did remind me of Stephen King's The Stand. (But then, when I see anything that's post-apocalyptic with a group of characters uniting to stand against the bad guys, I think of The Stand anyway.) And, just like LOST, it really is all about the characters.

So I'm not really surprised that, two episodes in, AMC already renewed it for a second season. Woot woot!

Congratulations to the cast and crew! I look forward to being awesomely grossed out for a while.

No comments: