Saturday, April 3, 2010

Fifty-four Days

There are 54 days before my 27th B'Day and I've been thinking about what I want. My sister already gave me another Coach purse and I have way too many books to read. Aside from getting at least $1 million from the lottery or an unknown mega-rich relative - so I can get my own place, quit my job, get Daniel Faraday's journal at the LOST auction, go to Europe, or any combination of the previous - there's nothing that I really, really, really want right now.

It'd be nice to get any of these, though:

  • Digital camera - My old Nikon camera's broken so I need a new one. Either that or I'd just take videos from my Flip Video Ultra.
  • DVR - The 2009-2010 primetime TV season is so awesome because there are so many great new shows. My current favourite new shows are FlashForward, V, The Good Wife, Glee, Modern Family, The Middle, The Vampire Diaries, and even Cougar Town, not to mention my usual favourites (LOST even if it's not coming back next season, Fringe, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, and Criminal Minds). I've had to give up some shows because they're aired directly against another favourite show (e.g. House M.D. vs. How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries vs. FlashForward, Glee vs. Modern Family vs. Criminal Minds, Glee vs. LOST, The Good Wife vs. V, etc.). Thank God for Much Music, because it airs the new The Vampire Diaries episode every Friday at 5 PM and 8 PM PST. For the rest, I'd have to stream them online, like CTV.ca or GlobalTV.com. So I need a DVR to record my other favourite shows and watch them whenever I want. 
  • Whatever I didn't get last Christmas - Out of the 16 items on my Christmas wish list, I only got two DVDs (Inglourious Basterds and He's Just Not That Into You) and two books (Under The Dome and Best Friends Forever). I've also seen Angels & Demons and Public Enemies. And I still want the rest of the items on my Christmas wish list! 
  • Other DVDs/Blu-Ray:
    • The Informant!
    • The Men Who Stare at Goats
    • Precious
    • District 9
    • Paranormal Activity
    • Gran Torino
    • Up
    • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    • Julie and Julia
    • Changeling
    • I Sell the Dead
  • Bedside lamp - My mom took my bedside lamp. I need a new one.
  • Cocktail shaker and mixer set - There are times when a girl needs an apple martini or a margarita. 'Nuff said. I even got the Drinks iPhone/iPod Touch app.
  • Quill & Quire or Writer's Digest Subscription - I kinda gave up my Writer's Digest subscription this year because I'm trying to cut costs. I checked out the Quill & Quire, but a 1-year subscription costs twice than a WD 1-year subscription. I need either to help me improve my writing.
I'd just like to emphasize that any Twilight-related merchandise (books, DVDs, etc.) that I get will immediately be sold on eBay. The Vampire Diaries books or DVDs will be cherished forever.

If anyone would like to give me $1 million, I will love that person forever. Yuk yuk yuk...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: