Monday, July 7, 2008

Todd Bertuzzi's Back In Canada!

A Canadian team signed my favourite NHL player, Todd Bertuzzi. The Vancouver Canucks? No. (I wish.) Toronto Maple Leafs? No. Ottawa Senators? No. Montreal Canadiens? Non. Edmonton Oilers? No.

Calgary Flames.

According to the Flames GM Daryl Sutter:

“Todd is a proven scorer with the ability to play both wings. He expressed to us that he wanted to play in Canada and that desire along with signing him to a one year deal was important to our philosophy. He wanted to play on a good team and it fit our money."

And here's my favourite part:

"Additionally, our captain, Jarome Iginla, was a strong supporter of Todd and wanted him on our team.”


I am not a Calgary Flames fan, but I rooted for them when the Canucks did not make the playoffs last season! And I respect Jarome Iginla: During the NHL Awards after Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup, Iginla was the only one who thanked God in his acceptance speech. Plus he is a good player and a nice guy. Not to mention, he's kinda hot.

I hope Bertuzzi stays healthy next season so he can improve his stats.

Welcome back to Canada, Bert!

No comments: