Wednesday, February 13, 2008

LOST To Stay on Thursday Nights?

Will Thursday nights be the best TV night when our favourite primetime shows come back?

TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reported today that ABC may keep LOST on Thursday nights starting from April, when new episodes of returning shows air. It is said that Grey's Anatomy will keep its 9/8 central timeslot, while LOST will air right after Grey's. Ugly Betty will keep its 8/7 central timeslot as well.

Not only that. Ausiello also said that ABC might keep LOST on Thursday nights for its last two seasons if everything goes well for LOST, ratings-wise.

Wow. My two favourite shows in one night! (Although I barely watched Grey's season 3, and I haven't seen a single episode of season 4.)

Personally, the best-case scenario is for ABC to cancel Dirty Sexy Money, so the network can make room for LOST on Wednesday nights. Unfortunately - for me anyway - ABC picked up Dirty Sexy Money for the 2008-2009 season. Crap.

Oh, there's one more.

Apparently, ABC wants to hold off airing Episode 8 until April. According to Ausiello's "spies" (as he calls them),

"Episode 7 makes for a better, more logical, break."


Now, what does that mean? That it has a better cliffhanger than Episode 8? Hmmm... Interesting. (I don't have enough information on Episode 6, "The Other Woman" as Lostpedia doesn't have a link for the press release yet. The page for Episode 7 has not been created on Lostpedia.)

Anyway, ABC can move LOST to any night and any time. I'm that addicted to LOST. Even if it's Saturdays at four or Mondays at nine, it's fine by me. I'll still watch LOST regardless of the time slot ABC decides for it.

I really just want the Season 4 storyline to be told completely. It's not going to be easy, but the LOST writers can do it. I know it. They're freakin' geniuses!

Of course, nothing has been set in stone. If I were a betting woman, I'd say the writers and their bosses are still trying to decide what's best for LOST Season 4 and beyond.

Stay tuned.

No comments: