Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Got Hired!!!

Yes, I did! As a proofreader!!!

A Guru Employer saw my e-mail on the Guru website and, instead of inviting me to submit a bid, directly e-mailed me the basic details of the work, the price, and the payment terms. It's for proofreading articles, and I thought I'd love to have more experience in proofreading such documents. So I accepted the job.

The price is $2 per 600 words. I didn't realize this was so low. Proofreading difficult text - basically poorly written text - ain't easy. But I don't really mind. I need experience and a little bit of money. When I'm done with this project (at least 21 articles on briefcases), I can post selected completed articles on my work samples on my website, Guru, and iFreelance.

This means I'll be busy for the next two weeks or so. I even have to work while watching HIMYM, The Event, Hawaii Five-0, Glee, The Good Wife, The Middle, Modern Family, Cougar Town, The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries, and Fringe. I have to remind myself sometimes to stop watching and resume working. Despite these awesome distractions, I still manage to submit at least one article a day. Phew!

I do hope this project leads to bigger (if slightly) and better projects. It has to, right?

No comments: