Thursday, September 30, 2010

The BlackBerry Torch Arrives in Canada!!!

Amid a super busy day at work, my ol' BlackBerry Pearl buzzed with an e-mail from the RIM/BlackBerry peeps announcing that the BlackBerry Torch 9800 is available on Rogers Wireless starting today.

Oh, yeah!!!

I've checked out the newest - and best? - BlackBerry a bunch of times after its release in the US. Every time I do, I want it more and more. Who wouldn't want a touchscreen and a sliding QWERTY keypad in the same device? And the social feeds? Oh, my gosh. My Facebook, Twitter, foursquare, GetGlue, and GoMiso updates in one feed would be freaking awesome. Also, I'm excited to play with the Wi-Fi and 3.5G capabilities.

The only things stopping me from upgrading to the Torch as soon as I could go to a Rogers Wireless store? The fact that my current contract expires in three months and the handset will cost me at least CAD $199.99 to upgrade now. If I wait until my contract expires, the Torch may cost less. On the other hand, RIM may release something better by then.

A cheaper alternative is the BlackBerry Curve 9300. It has the same features as the Torch, but it will only cost me $49.99 to upgrade. Did I mention that it's available in Smokey Violet?

So should I get the BlackBerry Curve 9300 instead of the BlackBerry Torch 9800? What do you guys think?

No comments: