Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Kelly Clarkson Gives Kanye West a Butt-Whoopin'

Kelly Clarkson posted a butt-whoopin' entry regarding Kanye West's egotistical behaviour last Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Actually, it was more like an open letter to Kanye - a badass one.

I love this part of the letter (in verbatim - i.e. EXPLICIT LANGUAGE WARNING):
What happened to you as a child?? Did you not get hugged enough?? Something must have happened to make you this way and I think we’re all just curious as to what would make a grown man go on national television and make a talented artist, let alone teenager, feel like shit. I mean, I’ve seen you do some pretty shitty things, but you just keep amazing me with your tactless, asshole ways. It’s absolutely fascinating how much I don’t like you. I like everyone. I even like my asshole ex that cheated on me over you…which is pretty odd since I don’t even personally know you. The best part of this evening is that you weren’t even up for THIS award and yet you still have a problem with the outcome. Is winning a moon man that much of a life goal?? You can have mine if it will shut you up. Is it that important, really??
You go, girl!

She posted this yesterday at 4:16 AM, so she must have been holding it in since 6:30ish Sunday night. She could also be discussing it with her friends and decided to post this letter afterwards. Either way, this is full of the things that I omitted (e.g. the curse words) from my own blog post.

She ended her post with this:

Taylor Swift, you outsell him ….that’s why he’s bitter. You know I love your work! Keep it up girl!

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true - that Kanye may have been bitter about a teenage country singer outselling him.

I do think Kanye's childhood and upbringing may have something to do with his egotistical behaviour, but I think he was over-indulged or over-hugged when he was a kid. He didn't lack anything other than a whole lot of money. I think he was loved too much. This, in turn, made him believe that only his opinion matters.

I will say it again because it is most likely true: he may have apologized to everyone he pissed off, but he will do this again. He will ruin someone's moment again because he doesn't agree with it. His ego demands it.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: