Sunday, June 7, 2009

iTunes Hates LOST and Fringe

Of course, I'm exaggerating. (The title is also a parody of the way some publications sensationalize news items.)

But downloading LOST Season 5 and Fringe Season 1 from the Canadian iTunes Store has been very frustrating!

It's been more than a week since I bought LOST S5 and Fringe S1, but I still haven't been able to download both the HD and Standard Definition versions. I keep getting this error message:

Unable to check for available downloads. The network connection timed out.

Make sure your network settings are correct and your connection is active, then try again.


So, I did. Still doesn't work. I tried every kind of troubleshooting I know and the ones that iTunes Support suggested, but nothing has worked so far. I even tried buying and downloading songs and applications, and then attempting to download the episodes, but it has not worked.

Most recently, I tried buying How I Met Your Mother's Season 4 finale ("The Leap," because I relate to it) to see if it works. As of 8:15am, both the HD and SD versions are downloading nicely and steadily.

Crap.

I just thought of this: It could be the amount of time it will take to download the HD and SD versions of LOST S5 and Fringe S1. HIMYM's Season 4 finale will take approximately three hours to download; that's just the HD version of one episode. Think of how long 78 episodes (one SD for each HD episode) will take. Nonetheless, I should have been able to download the episodes, even if it takes forever.

*Sigh* I wish iTunes Store would just refund the amount I paid for the order, so I can retry it.

No comments: